Apollonia è un sito archeologico nel sud-ovest dell'Albania non lontano da Fier.

Le antiche città di Butrinto e Apollonia in Albania ( Provincia Romana dell'Illiria "Illiricum" ) ed altri siti sono ancora oggi la principale testimonianza di un passato ricco di storia. La città di Apollonia nei pressi di Fier ( circa 13 km ) è una delle antiche città dedicate al Dio Apollo, dalle antichissimeorigini fu fondata nel 588 b.C. dai coloni greci venuti da Corinto e dopo divenne una città romana. Nel I secolo a.C. Giulio Cesare, durante la guerra contro Pompeo, usò questa cittadella come fortezza contro Pompeo. Apollonia sotto l'impero romano, fu un importante centro ed ospitava una scuola di retorica e filosofia, divenne un centro culturale dove l'arte, l'architettura e la scultura fiorirono e prosperarono. Ottaviano, nipote di Giulio Cesare, che dopo diventò l'imperatore Augusto, studiò per 6 mesi in Apollonia, e fu qui che seppe della notizia dell'assassinio di Giulio Cesare. Apollonia fu proclamata dall’imperatore Augusto “città libera e intoccabile”.
Strategicamente Apollonia si trovava all'inizio della via Ignazia o " Via Egnatia" II secolo a.C. , che partendo da Est si diramava fino al mare Egeo. La Via Egnatia prende il nome da Gaio Ignazio, Proconsole di Macedonia, che ne ordinò la costruzione. Gli scavi hanno restituito, le rovine delle mura, del monumento di Aganothetes ( Agnoteti), la biblioteca, il teatro ed offrono uno spettacolo ricco di storia.
Bella la chiesa di Santa Maria situata tra il museo ed il refettorio. Lo stile della chiesa è Bizantina, è stata costruita nel XIV secolo.

Vedi Mappa - See Map



























Apollonia è un sito archeologico nel sud-ovest dell'Albania


Apollonia is an archaeological site in southwestern Albania not far from Fier.

The ancient cities of Butrinto and Apollonia in Albania (Roman Province of the Illiria “Illiricum”) and other site are still today the main testimony of a rich history of the past. The city of Apollonia near Fier (approximately 13 km) is one of the ancient cities dedicated to the God Apollo, from the ancient origins it was founded in the 588 b.C from the Greeks coming from Corinto and after Apollonia became one roman city. In the I century a.C. Giulio Cesar, during the war against Pompeo, he used this citadel like fortress against Pompeo. Apollonia under the roman empire, was an important center and was lodging a school of rhetoric and philosophy, became a cultural center where the art, the architecture and the sculpture bloomed and prospered. Ottaviano, grandson of Giulio Cesar, after became the emperor Augusto, he studied for 6 months in Apollonia, and was here that it knew of the murder of Giulio Cesar. Apollonia was proclaimed from the emperor Augusto “free and untouchable city”.
Strategically Apollonia found at the beginnig of the way Ignazia or “Via Egnatia” in the II century a.C., what leaving from East it was arriving as far as sea Aegean sea. The Way Egnatia takes the name from Gaio Ignazio, Proconsole of Macedonia, that ordered building. Excavations have given back, the ruins of wall, of the monument of the Aganothetes, the library, the theatre and offer one rich history show.
Beautiful the church of Saint Maria situated between the museum and the refectory. The style of the church is Bizantina, has been constructed in XIV the century.

Vedi Mappa - See Map



Il parco archeologico di Apollonia si trova a 12 km a ovest di Fier, a ridosso del paese di Pojan. L’antica città si erge alle falde di una solitaria collina di fronte alla laguna di Darzeza, tra la foce del fiume Seman e quello di Vjosa. L’area archeologica si estende su una superfice di 137 ettari e tremila anni di tempo, dove reminescenze di civiltà illire, greco, romache, bizantine, ottomane
Il primo a rendersi conto della localizzazione dell'antica Apollonia fu Ciriaco d'Ancona (1391- 1452), archeologo, umanista, epigrafista e viaggiatore italiano, considerato il padre dell'archeologia, che ne descrisse nel 1435 i resti e le iscrizioni.
Il simbolo di Apollonia è il monumento romano di Agonothetes che sarebbe il suo " Bouleuterion " , costruito nel corso del II secolo.
Il Monumento di Aganothetes è al centro della città, ha una struttura a forma semicircolare e serviva come un luogo di riunione del consiglio della città. La facciata frontale della struttura è composta da sei pilastri con capitelli corinzi.  Ad Apollonia questo si trova nel centro della città vicino all'Agorà (il punto di incontro e mercato centrale di una città).  
Le città stato dell'antica Grecia chiamavano la loro sala riunioni del consiglio comunale "Bouleuterion". Ad Apollonia questo si trova nel centro della città vicino all'Agorà (il punto di incontro e mercato centrale di una città). Fu costruito nell'ultimo quarto del II secolo a.C., durante il periodo romano. 
L'edificio fu costruito dagli alti ufficiali della città per commemorare la morte dei militari. Vista poteriore.



The archaeological park of Apollonia is located 12 km west of Fier, close to the village of Pojan. The ancient city stands at the foot of a lonely hill facing the Darzeza lagoon, between the mouth of the Seman river and that of Vjosa. The archaeological area extends over an area of ​​137 hectares and three thousand years of time, where reminiscences of Illyrian, Greek, Roman, Byzantine, Ottoman civilizations
The first to realize the location of ancient Apollonia was Ciriaco d'Ancona (1391- 1452), an Italian archaeologist, humanist, epigraphist and traveler, considered the father of archeology, who described its remains and inscriptions in 1435.
The symbol of Apollonia is the Roman monument of Agonothetes which would be its "Bouleuterion" (pictured), built during the second century.
The Aganothetes Monument is in the center of the city, has a semicircular shaped structure and served as a meeting place for the city council. The front facade of the structure consists of six pillars with Corinthian capitals. In Apollonia this is located in the city center near the Agora (the meeting point and central market of a city).
The city-states of ancient Greece called their city council meeting room "Bouleuterion". In Apollonia this is located in the city center near the Agora (the meeting point and central market of a city). It was built in the last quarter of the 2nd century BC, during the Roman period.
The building was built by senior city officials to commemorate the death of the military. Rear view.



Nel XIII secolo un gruppo di fedeli di religione cristiana il Monastero e la Chiesa di Santa Maria, reimpiegando pietre e colonne recuperate dai resti dell’antica Apollonia. Il monastero sembra essere stato edificato al di sopra delle rovine di un vecchio tempio di Apollo, al suo interno ospita il Museo Archeologico, dove sono conservate statue, anfore e monete riportate alla luce nel corso degli scavi. 
Il complesso monastico circostante, le mura difensive e il campanile, risalgono a vari momenti della storia del monastero, dal XIII al XX secolo. Le celle dei monaci erano situate nei lati nord e ovest; sul lato meridionale si trova il campanile, ricostruito all'inizio del XX secolo.

In the 13th century, a group of Christian believers found the Monastery and Church of Santa Maria, reusing stones and columns recovered from the remains of ancient Apollonia. The monastery seems to have been built above the ruins of an old temple of Apollo, inside it houses the Archaeological Museum, where statues, amphorae and coins brought to light during the excavations are kept.
The surrounding monastic complex, the defensive walls and the bell tower, date back to various moments in the history of the monastery, from the 13th to the 20th century. The monks' cells were located on the north and west sides; on the southern side is the bell tower, rebuilt at the beginning of the 20th century.


Il complesso monastico medievale di Santa Maria "Shën Mëri" fu costruito in cima a una collina e circondato dalle antiche rovine del Parco Archeologico di Apollonia. Con questa costruzione finisce il mondo politeista dell'antica Apollonia ed inizia un'era diversa della storia occidentale " Il Cristianesimo ".  Questo complesso cristiano bizantino è costruito con materiali antichi prelevati nelle rovine circostanti. La sua costruzione risale al XIII secolo, questa efficace fusione di architettura antica e bizantina rende il complesso monastico di ricco valore storico, architettonico e culturale. Al centro del sito si trova la chiesa di Santa Maria " Shën Mëri " , risalente al XIII-XIV secolo d.C. 
La chiesa, costruita tra il 1250-1270 sui resti di una chiesa più antica, è unica in Albania per l'insolita configurazione della sua forma cruciforme ed è stata costruita in parte da spolia dell'antico teatro. L'intero interno di questa cappella costruita in stile bizantino era un tempo ricoperto di dipinti. La chiesa presenta le prime quattro icone dell'iconostasi. Qua e là sulle mura si possono vedere bassorilievi dell'antica città di Apollonia. La cappella è dedicata all'Assunzione di Nostra Signora, Santa Maria, celebrata il 15 agosto di ogni anno, giorno in cui si tiene una fiera regionale nella zona. Il complesso monastico circostante, le mura difensive e il campanile, risalgono a diversi momenti della storia del monastero, dal XIII al XX secolo.

The medieval monastic complex of Santa Maria "Shën Mëri" was built on top of a hill and surrounded by the ancient ruins of the Archaeological Park of Apollonia. With this construction the polytheistic world of ancient Apollonia ends and a different era of Western history begins "Christianity". This Byzantine Christian complex is built with ancient materials taken from the surrounding ruins. Its construction dates back to the thirteenth century, this effective fusion of ancient and Byzantine architecture makes the monastic complex of rich historical, architectural and cultural value. At the center of the site is the church of Santa Maria "Shën Mëri", dating back to the 13th-14th century AD. The church, built between 1250-1270 on the remains of an older church, is unique in Albania for the unusual configuration of its cruciform shape and was built in part from the spolia of the ancient theater. The entire interior of this chapel built in the Byzantine style was once covered with paintings. The church presents the first four icons of the iconostasis. Here and there on the walls you can see bas-reliefs of the ancient city of Apollonia. The chapel is dedicated to the Assumption of Our Lady, Santa Maria, celebrated on August 15 each year, the day when a regional fair is held in the area. The surrounding monastic complex, the defensive walls and the bell tower, date back to different moments in the history of the monastery, from the 13th to the 20th century.

Apollonia Particolari degli scavi e Museo - Apollonia Details of the excavations and Museum.

© Copyright 2021 Vincenzo Avagliano - All Rights Reserved Reproduction of the photos without permission is strictly prohibited.

This site was started with Mobirise templates